Free Download Udemy Treating Addiction. With the help of this course you can An Essential Guide in How to Treat Addiction.
This course was created by . It was rated 0 out of 5 by approx 0 ratings. There are approx 0 users enrolled with this course, so don’t wait to download yours now. This course also includes 272 mins on-demand video, Full lifetime access, Access on mobile and TV & Certificate of Completion.
What will I need?
- The learner will preferably have some counselling experience or have worked professionally or on a voluntary basis with vulnerable adults who present with addiction related issues amongst others.
Is this course right for me?
- The learner will have a need to develop their understanding of Addiction and the different elements of that and how to help sufferers address it.
- The learner will be in a position where they are helping vulnerable adults in some capacity and more specifically in addressing substance misuse related issues.
- The learner will also want to learn more about the many different forms of addiction such as gambling, video game addiction and love and 'sex' addiction.
- The learner will want to understand the different models of addiction and how they fit together and the underlying issues related.
What am I going to learn?
- To learn about Addiction in all it's forms and how to treat it
- Understanding the different models of Addiction and how they fit together
- Approaching treatment planning and review with confidence
- Develop knowledge of cross addiction and the underlying causes of it
- Understand withdrawal syndrome
- Understand Addiction as a family disease
- Understand Addiction as a disease of perception
- Understand the neuroscience of Addiction
- Understand Relapse Prevention
- Understand the Recovery process and how client's can build that
In this course you will learn how to treat Addiction effectively. The course covers all of the elements of this including an understanding of the Models of Addiction and how they fit together, Assessment & Planning and helping clients understand the basic tenets of Relapse Prevention and the underlying causes of Addiction such as trauma.
In addition the course looks at the psycho-education that clients need in order to mount a sustainable and long term recovery and the elements they will need to build including a strong support network, structure and healthy routine and a high level of self-awareness. The course also takes a look at the Spiritual aspect of treatment and recovery and how critical a role this understanding can play in a successful recovery.
The course is designed to assist practitioners including key workers, recovery coordinators, care managers and counsellors and therapists. It will give those working in the field of Addiction a fantastic overview of everything required when working with those suffering with addiction and takes a deeper dive into areas such as family of origin work and the Hazeldon pamphlet known as ‘King Baby’.
This course offers a unique opportunity to work with someone who has extensive experience and has helped many individuals surmount their difficulties and set a new path in life.