Free Download Udemy Cinematography Masterclass: The Complete Filming Guide. With the help of this course you can 9 Steps to Setup, Light, Get Clean Audio & Shoot Your Videos Like a Pro.
This course was created by . It was rated 0 out of 5 by approx 0 ratings. There are approx 74 users enrolled with this course, so don’t wait to download yours now. This course also includes 340 mins on-demand video, Full lifetime access, Access on mobile and TV & Certificate of Completion.
What will I need?
- You need a smartphone or camera to film and engage in the interactive exercises
- You need a desire to upgrade your video creating skillset
Is this course right for me?
- YouTubers, Instagramers, Tik Tokers, Videographers, Aspiring Filmmakers, Online Content Creators, Artists and Photographers
- Someone wanting a film school level understanding about cinematography and video production without paying thousands of dollars
What am I going to learn?
- You will have a step-by-step process to shoot the best looking and sounding videos you've ever done
- Gain a film school level understanding of how to shotlist, light, frame, shoot, and capture crystal clear audio!
- Develop your own visual aesthetic, social media content, production process, and unique video style!
- Expand your creativity, production quality, cinematography, and passion as a video creator!
- Understand key video principles that you can use in all of your future projects!
- Hands-on exercises to improve your skillset and gain real life video creating experience!
- Tell stories in your videos that you are proud wether you're shooting on a camera or smartphone!
- Learn the techniques that make people share, like, comment, and engage with your video content!
Do you want your videos to be better looking, sounding, creative, shareable, engaging, and impressive to watch?
Are you wanting to get the most out of shooting on your smartphone, DSLR, or mirrorless camera?
Perfect! You’ve made it to the right course!
By the end of this course, you’ll have the skillset and film school level understanding of:
1. First Hand Film Set Experience
To begin, you’ll join me on the set of a high end client shoot to see a behind the scenes look at how the video creation process really works. These lessons are packed with key filmmaking fundamentals and concepts for the rest of the course material to build on top of.
• Set up and choose how to shoot your video
• Main steps to film a highly produced project
• Cinematography and composition fundamentals
• Techniques to maximize your time while shooting
• Creatively use your lenses, surrounding, and camera
2. Get the Most Out of Your Camera Settings
Getting great looking shots starts with getting your camera set up properly. Here, you’ll get crystal clear on how to set your camera’s functions, settings, and parameters. These foundational learning lessons will give you the confidence to get out and start shooting.
• Learn how to use all of the functions and settings on your camera
• Get the perfect exposure with ISO, shutter speed, and aperture
• Create a great looking image with white balance and frame rate
• Use picture profile and focal length for your specific shooting style
• Utilize your camera’s latitude and dynamic range
3. Light and Shoot Your Scenes Like a Pro
Now that you have a rock solid understanding of your camera functionality, here’s where your videos will start to shine by effectively using light. These hands-on lessons and techniques will give you the tools to create stunning looking images using natural or artificial lighting.
• Make yourself look great with the right lens choice and proper lighting
• Use light to tell your story and upgrade your production quality
• 2 point, 3 point, high key and low key lighting techniques
• Create a polished image using artificial/studio lighting
• Creatively use the natural light in your environment
4. Record Crystal Clear Sounding Audio
You’ve worked alongside me to massively upgrade and improve all things visual, now it’s time to talk audio. In this section, we dive into different microphone types, recording environments, audio hacks, and getting the absolute best sounding audio quality possible.
• Setting everything up for audio clarity and great sound dynamics
• How to get rid of echo, buzzing, distortions, pops, and hums
• DIY set up to get great sounding vocals for your videos or podcasts
• Auto vs. manual settings and what settings sound the best
• Tips and techniques for recording at home or on-set
5. Create Next Level Vids with B-roll and Cutaway Shots
In this step, you’re going to walk away with advanced techniques that experienced video creators use to create exciting and engaging videos. This process will allow you to utilize more advanced film techniques in a way that is easy to use and to create a video that is uniquely you.
• Film a more produced looking video using different shot types
• Use coverage to yourself up for success in the editing process
• Create a more dynamic video with framing and multiple angles
• Understand the meaning and purpose of each shot type
• How to use the 180 degree rule and frame balancing
6. Get That Cinematic Look with Camera Movement
This is one of my favorite parts of the course, creating cinematic shots with camera movement! There’s a reason why it’s called “motion picture.” Here we take a deep dive into how, when, and why to use different movements to create truly dynamic looking videos.
• Shoot your own dynamic montage with these cinematic techniques
• How and when to use the main types of camera movement
• Use the ideal focal length, frame rate, and composition
• Movement quality, speed, and it’s effect on the viewer
• Tips to improve and refine your shooting style
7. Make Your Shot List and Film Your Epic Montage
Once you learn these shot list techniques, you won’t go back to shooting important projects without one (trust me). In this hands-on section, you’re going to envision, outline, and shoot the type of montage that turns an ordinary project into an extraordinary project.
• Essentials to create an organized and practical shot list
• Set up your camera for slow motion cutaway shots
• Step by step to knocking out your list of specific shots
• In-camera transitions and how to make an impactful ending shot
• Tips and tricks for more dynamic looking footage
8. Expert Guest Speakers and Video Advice
Here you sit down with me and 3 expert guest speakers that have spent years working as successful full-time as filmmakers. These lessons will give you the insights, actionable takeaways, and inspiration that will add a little extra creative fuel to the skills you’ve gained in this course.
• Tools and ways to get better shots regardless of budget
• Top pro’s and con’s of frequently used camera equipment
• Lens choice and tips for choosing video gear
• Make the most out of your skillset and equipment
• Motivation, progress, and success as a video creator
9. Course Bonuses and Progressing Beyond this Course
You’ve made it! We worked together to build your skillset through each section and then in the last step, we combined the whole process into your very own, crystal clear looking and sounding final product. Now it’s time for you to go out their and continue to create videos you love!
• Synthesize and review all of the lessons learned in the course
• Integrate the tools and know how to continue improving
• Accept my course challenge to start your new series or project
• Student bonuses for completing the course
• And much more
My biggest goal for you:
The goal of this course is to give you all the knowledge and techniques that I’ve gained from 10+ years in the film industry (working with clients like Red Bull, Taco Bell, and Discovery Channel) in a way that is fun to learn and easy to understand.
Shooting better videos no matter what:
Wether you’re shooting Instagram videos, YouTube videos, short films, music videos, documentaries, videos for professional clients, personal projects, on a smartphone or camera… The actionable takeaways from this course will benefit you regardless of your equipment or budget.
You’ll have lifetime access to:
• 80 Individual video lessons
• 5.5 Hours of learning content
• 6 Detailed case studies
• 4 Bonus video lectures
• 12 Hands-on lessons
• 10 Interactive exercises
• 3 Expert guest speakers
• 40 Gigabytes of streamable content
• Downloadable resources and articles
• Updates to all future course materials
• One on one with me in the Q&A section
If you want to learn the tools to shoot videos that you’re proud of, this is the course for you.
I’ll see you inside the course!